Updated on May 30, 2020
We hope you are all safe and healthy. On Tuesday May 26th, we started opening our dental practice to essential procedures. At Canal Vista Family Dental, we are taking every step possible to ensure our patients and staff are safe. Our office exceeds the infection control recommendations made by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the American Dental Association (ADA). In addition to our regular safety protocol, we are taking the below additional steps:
- Screening patients for travel history and signs and symptoms of infection prior to their appointment time.
- We are doing temperature and oxygen saturation level checks upon arrival at the office.
- We are asking patient to wear a mask or face covering during their visit except while in the treatment room. We are also asking patients to use hand sanitizer available in the front office upon their arrival.
- All magazines, reading materials, and toys are removed from the waiting room.
- All pens are sanitized after each use.
- In the waiting room and at front desk, hard surfaces are regularly disinfected using EPA approved disinfectants.
- Isolated the treatment rooms with magnetic plastic shields to limit air circulation within the office.
- As before, treatment room surfaces are disinfected between patients using EPA products. In addition, they are being sanitized with Ultraviolet Light – C, a proven method to kill viruses and bacteria on surfaces and air.
- Added hospital grade ©IQAir air purifier
- In the treatment rooms, staff will be wearing N95 masks with full coverage face shields, disposable gowns, protective eyewear, and gloves for maximum safety.
- Additional time is scheduled between dental appointments to minimize the number of people in the office at any given time.
- Patients will be checking in via mobile phone from their car
- Prior to any procedure, patients will be washing their mouth with antiviral 1.5% hydrogen peroxide mouthwash which will kill germs and viruses.
- When appropriate, rubber dams and high speed suction will be used to maximize Aerosol reduction.
- Tele-dentistry is available for limited consultations.